Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blog 1: Electric currents

Thanks to electrical currents, we can light our rooms, read this blog (Why are you reading this), watch TV (who does that anymore), or play with our iPod (go play with your friends).

Physics

Today in Physics class, we read about electrical currents. Our teacher, who makes me think of a non-vulgar Peter Chao (Mr. Chung please don't search him up if you don't know him) gave us blogging for homework. Blogging. For homework. 10 points from the pages we were assigned to read. I don't even read blogs, nor have I written one. The closest I think I got to a blog was that article on a blogging award I read on a comedy site. I think I'm doing it wrong. Aw well, at least I won't be bored when I re-read this later for review. Here are the 10 points:
-Electrical current is a flow of charge of electrons provided with energy in an electrical circuit.
-Current is a charge flow rate that can be calculated by the equation I=Q/t, where I (or C/s) represents the rate of charge flow in amperes, Q represents the charge in coulombs, and t represents time in seconds.
-Conventional current is the positive charge flow model where flow of current goes from the positive terminal to the negative in a power supply.

An analogue ammeter, which measures currents. May or may not explode when you do stupid things.

-Direct current (DC) is when the current goes from the power supply, then to the conductor, then to the load (energy using device such as a light bulb) then comes back to the power supply in one direction.
-Alternating current (AC) is when the electrons goes the other way of the flow at regular intervals. This occurs through magnetic and electric forces.
-Circuit is the path of the current, and is what allows electrical devices to work.

That's not lighting up my room anytime soon.

-Electric potential difference is the potential electrical energy of a circuit's coulomb of charge. This can be calculated by the equation V=E/Q, where V represents the electric potential difference in volt, E (sometimes represented as W for work) represents the energy, and Q represents the charge in coulombs.
-You can also calculate the energy or work by putting the two equations together:
V=E/Q, I=Q/t
E=VQ, Q=It
Therefore, E=VIt.
-Like an ammeter, there is also something called a voltmeter, which measures the two points' volts/potential difference.

IT'S OVER. Hopefully it wasn't so bad for my first blog, I didn't want to make it boring for myself so I put in some stupid jokes, so sorry about that. I guess this would be the best way to keep things in my memory as I always remember things from computer texts, so hopefully this will get me an A+. Hahaha right good luck with that Jess :(

No comments:

Post a Comment